What are Irregular Menses?
If the occurrence of menses vary from the normal time periods making them either more frequent or less frequent, the condition is referred to as Irregular Menses. Usually, menstrual periods occur once a month on an average. If menses occur less than 4 weeks which means more frequent occurrence, it is referred to as metrorrhagia leading to excess bleeding. If menses occur just 2 – 6 times a year, it is referred to as oligomenorrhea or infrequent menses.
The variation of the frequency in menses is itself a symptom in this disorder which will be obvious. But there are other symptoms that may be experienced by women suffering from either types of irregularity
- Consistent pain in the abdomen
- Heavy blood loss in case of frequent menses
- Weakness and fatigue
- Back pains
- Infertility problem
- Certain medications that speed up or slow down the occurrence of menstrual cycle
- Consumption of alcohol, heavy caffeine
- Cigarette smoking can lead to shortening of menstrual cycle
- Eating disorders
- Abnormality in hormonal levels
- Strenuous activities involving extreme physical stress observed more in sportswomen and athletes
Irregular menses and PCOS are often related to each other in occurrence. The increased levels of androgens cause this problem which can also lead to hair growth in unwanted areas.
Homeopathy Treatment for Irregular Menses
Safe and effective treatment for irregular menses can be achieved through Homeopathy. The treatment is aimed at identifying the root cause that is leading to irregular menses and the medication is administered accordingly. With homeopathy, there is no problem of side-effects and further complications. The effects of Irregular menses such as infertility and unwanted hair growth can be prevented with Homeopathy.
For more about the treatments and services offered by Positive Homeopathy, Contact Us now.